A Gastronomic tour through Argentina
Chefs table tours - Based on one of seven themes, Wonders, Wilderness, Art, Style, Gastronomy, Wellness and Extremes, you can choose from one of our unique and extraordinary holidays. Escape for the weekend or take an around the world trip of a lifetime.
"Chef's Table" tours will run in Argentina. This eight-day trip includes luxury car transfers, a choice of hotels, private culinary walking tour, visit to the local market and a cookery workshop with a gastronomic expert, private blending, winemaker and tasting experience, a surprise tango night, a traditional gaucho experience, and tasting menus at the regions best restaurants.
A GASTRONOMIC JOURNEY THROUGH ARGENTINA
Chef's Table Argentina will run in Buenos Aires & Mendoza. A country where natural and cultural diversity is reflected in its flavors; with wines that amaze the entire world. Buenos Aires is a pulsating, cosmopolitan and passionate city. The combination of rich architectural and cultural heritage, modern creative energy, electric nightlife, unique traditions, a vibrant arts scene, extensive parks, and warm, friendly hosts makes it one of the world’s most exciting capitals.
Mendoza is the capital city of Mendoza Province, in Argentina. It is located in the northern-central part of the province, in a region of foothills and high plains, on the eastern side of the Andes. The region is the largest wine producing area in Latin America. As such, Mendoza is one of nine cities worldwide in the network of Great Capitals of Wine, and the city is an emerging wine tourism destination and base for exploring the hundreds of wineries in the region. Two of the main industries of Mendoza area are olive oil production and wine making.
Buenos Aires & Mendoza - Tour Highlights
- Indulge in a private culinary walking tour
- Embark on a speakeasy adventure with tapas
- Explore the south and north area of Buenos Aires
- A unique transfer in a classic car to enjoy a tango night
- A visit to the local market and cookery workshop with a chef
- Enjoy a gaucho experience at an estancia in San Antonio de Areco
- A private blending experience; customize and label your own wine blend
- An exclusive wine tour of three wineries awarded 90+ points by Robert Parker
- A tasting menu at The Vines of Medonza, Siete Fuegos restaurant by Francis Mallmann
- A visit to a winery's orchard to select products for a cookery workshop set among the vineyards
As Ibero-American Capital of Gastronomy 2017, dining is very important in Buenos Aires. Enjoy the world's best steaks, the best malbec wines, and hearty Andean fare, plus find pizza, pasta and ice cream on every corner as a result of the city's Italian heritage. A local treat to look out for is the traditional infusion mate.
Mendoza, famous for its Malbec, offers an exciting array of gastronomy experiences. Whether touring suburban villages, exploring numerous wineries, indulging in cuisine that ranges from outstanding Argentine fare to 5 star elegance or dining at the foothills of the Andes, your senses and taste will be well rewarded.
Hotels - Buenos Aires Boutique Hotel
Recently awarded as the best boutique hotel in Latinamerica. Home is located in Palermo neighbourhood, near the city centre and its main attractions, but also away from smog, noise and general chaos of big cities. It is the first hotel in Buenos Aires to incorporate a "green mentality", always in search of new ways to develop hospitality in a sustainable way.
Finca Adalgisa Boutique Hotel & Winery
Finca Adalgisa is a charming vineyard estate in the heart of the premier wine-growing region of Argentina. In 2001 it was converted into the first boutique hotel and finca in Mendoza. Although secluded and private, it is conveniently located within 20 minutes drive of Mendoza’s city center and within walking distance of a little community with local shops and restaurants.
Alvear Palace Hotel
The most elegant hotel in Buenos Aires, the Alvear Palace Hotel is located in the heart of La Recoleta, surrounded by impeccable restaurants, boutiques and it is only five minutes away from the financial district. Luxuriously decorated in Empire and Louis XV style.
Cavas Wine Lodge
Cavas Wine Lodge is the first Lodge of its kind in South America, blessed by the natural beauty of Mendoza. Nestled in a 55 acre vineyard, Cavas Wine Lodge is an 18 room boutique property strategically located between the best known wineries and the magnificent Andes Mountain range.
Located at Faena hotel, Rojo Tango is a cabaret designed by Phillippe Starck, created to bring back nostalgic times that already passed, with a show full of fantasy and sensuality.
Awarded 4 consecutive years in the 50 best restaurants in Argentina. Chila transforms Argentine gastronomy.
Featured in the world's 50 best restaurants 2017 list, offers a tasting menu paired with wines by a sommelier.
Melipal Winery Restaurant
The tour and tasting lunch highlights Argentina’s love for food and wine. The restaurant has sweeping views of the vineyards and a fantastic patio alongside their pond.
Abrasado, Los Toneles Winery
The winemaker’s art comes together with the gastronomic mastery of Chef Sebastia´n Weigandt.
Siete Fuegos, The Vines of Mendoza
Siete Fuegos describes Francis Mallmann’s honed collection of open-flame cooking techniques, inspired by Argentine gauchos and European migrations, and refined through hundreds of years of history.
Buenos Aires & Mendoza - Activities
- Speakeasy Adventure - Embark on a private tapas and cocktails tour to the best bars in Buenos Aires.
- Private Culinary Walking Tour - Visit Downton, Puerto Madero, San Telmo & La Boca whilst indulging in a progressive lunch.
- Unique Classic Car & Tango Night - Enjoy a one-way ride along Puerto Madero to a 3-course dinner with live tango at Rojo Tango.
- Local Market Visit & Cookery Workshop - Visit a local market with a chef to purchase a selection of the freshest products for a hands-on cookery workshop at Treintasillas.
- Gaucho Experience - Visit San Antonio de Areco & spend the day at one of the oldest "estancias" in Argentina located in the heart of the Pampa.
- Private Blending & Winemarker Activity - Play around, try and discover the challenge of a wine maker & customise a bottle with your own blend to enjoy back home.
- OVER 90 Exclusive Wine Tour - Taste the finest wines at three of the most prestigious wineries in Argentina, awarded 90+ points by Robert Parker.
- Uco Valley Wine Tour - Taste a selection of Cabernet and Malbec, which have grabbed much attention for their distinct personality and excellent value.
- Winery Orchard & Cookery Workshop - Visit to the winery orchard to select products for a traditional cookery workshop set among the vineyards.
- Chef's Table Argentina Highlight - Feast at Siete Fuegos, enjoy a front row seat in the open kitchen & watch our artisans of fire create impassioned Argentine fare.
- Prices from £6,100 per person
For more information contact Conor at Pinnacle Worldwide on 02838323618